Saturday, September 28, 2013

Repent and be saved!!



If you have already repented, please disregard this notice.

If not, send $49.95 and a bottle of Jim Beam to Father Piccolo's ministry and we'll get you started on the way to true enlightenment. 

But wait, there's MORE! If you take advantage of this special one-time offer, we'll throw in free of charge, Eternal Salvation!

Act now! Operators are standing by!

For years I have wondered about televangelists and their followings and wondered. Over the years they seem to have popped up and a number of them have done an outstanding job of keeping the tabloids in business.

Seems pretty profitable to me.

When you look at them there are few that really seem to be serving the deity. Most of them seem to be serving up a pile of hoople disguised as religion that they sell the gullible.

Personally, I can say that Father Piccolo hasn't been inside a church in decades and yet has had more religious experiences at sea than I can count.

I suppose maybe you don't have to have a church to be religious.
I also figure that if there are a few bucks in it and I can get someone to sponser me I would set up a televangical show and get out there and rant and rave.

The difference between me and most of the other televangelists is that I would make most of the show for entertainmant only and be up front about it.

I'd also end with a more serious note and try and help the poor guy that's out there busting his butt every day but never seems to get anywhere but further into debt and depression.

Keep plugging. It's worth it.

What's more, YOU are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment