Sunday, May 26, 2013

Well, it's Sunday again and I suppose I have to preach another sermon of some sort.

I suppose I could start in with a pretty good fire and brimstone rant but that isn't what this ministry is all about. I suppose after the rant I could ask you to send in a generous donation and support the Piccolo ministry but that's not what it is all about.

I want you to feel a little bit better about yourself and maybe pass good things on. I'd like to try and make the world a little nicer place to live.

There are a lot of you out there fighting off depression and bad feelings over either something you have no control of or that you have made a problem where it doesn't exist.

Take off your mask, Pal. You ain't the Lone Ranger. You have lots of company.

Here's to the guy that woke up this fine Sunday morning with a hangover because he let something be a problem that really isn't. I suppose it is easy for me to say this but you have to learn not to sweat the small stuff and most of it IS small stuff.

You're probably angry over something that is not a real problem.

Cancer is a problem. A fire is a problem. An auto accident with a serious injury is a problem. An accident with no injury is NOT a problem because the only thing damaged is steel and that can be fixed or replaced.

If you can sit there for a minute and put things into perspective and realize that a lot of what you consider to be a problem really isn't then you'll be a long way ahead of the game.

Think about it and maybe your luck will change and then you'll figure out that you shouldn't be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't enjoy a drink or two in a Saturday night. After all, you earned it. What I am saying is that you don't have to stuff down a half a bottle of hooch and wake up feeling like hell because if you look at what's bugging you, it is likely not worth wasting good whisky on.

Happy Sunday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment